Entries open – Mid-July 2019
Entries Close – Friday 30th August 2019
Judging – 7th and 8th September 2019 at the Irish Club, Adelaide
Winners presentation – Saturday, September 14th at the Wheatsheaf Hotel at 12:30pm
If you are interested in being a judge, a steward or just generally helping the competition then please contact us at email@example.com
Competition entry form
The entry portal will be open in July and past entrants will need to set up a new account on the Brew Competition Online Entry and Management System.
Entry drop off points
Beerbelly Brewing Equipment – 3/95 Research Rd, Pooraka SA 5095, ph (08) 7230 0258
The Country Brewer – Clovelly Park – 8/1240 – 1242 South Rd Clovelly Park, ph (08) 8177 1110
Brewmaker Home Brewing – 560 North East Rd, Holden Hill, ph (08) 8369 3649 (Note: The store is closed from Aug 5 – 26, 2019)
Rehn Bier Cellar Door – 23 Magnolia St, Tanunda, South Australia.
Left Barrel Brewing Cellar Door – 2E / 37 Onkaparinga Valley Road, Balhannah SA 5242.
Conditions of entry
SABSOSA is open to all interested amateur brewers who are residents of South Australia or the Northern Territory.
1. All entries must be handcrafted products, containing ingredients available to the general public, and made using private equipment by hobbyist brewers (i.e., no use of commercial facilities or brew on premises operations, supplies, etc.).
2. Maximum of two entries per category – within this limit only one entry per style.
3. One entry label per clean bottle (no commercial beer labels please).
4. Entry fee $5.00 paid online via credit card/ PayPal preferred. Cash entries TBC.
5. The preferred bottle size is one single 750ml (min 500ml) cleaned beer bottle with a printed entry label firmly attached. We no longer accept two 330ml bottles or Champagne bottles. Bottles will not be returned to entrants.
7. The competition organisers are not responsible for entries entered into the wrong category. Also, entries mailed entries that are not received by the entry deadline, or entries that arrived damaged.
8. Exhibitors shall be bound by the judge’s and convener’s decisions and no dispute shall be entered into.
9. Organisers will not be held responsible for the loss or damage to any entry, entry form, or fee, etc.
10. Prizes awarded for best three beers in each category are invited to contend in the Australian Amateur Brewing Championships. SABSOSA will pay for transportation to the judging location interstate.
11. Quality judging of all entries is the primary goal of our event. Judges will evaluate and score each entry. The average of the scores will rank each entry in its category.
All entrants should have read and understood the current Conditions of Entry and schedule of Categories & Beer Styles – and shall be bound by these conditions.
Please contact SABSOSA at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.